Human Answers to Your Cancer Questions
Get a sense of what to expect from patients and caregivers who’ve been through cancer treatment.
FAQs curated by cancer survivors
- How did you get diagnosed?
- How did you choose hospitals?
- How did you choose your treatment?
- Describe each cycle of chemotherapy
- What was Week One of chemo like?
- How did the rest of each cycle go?
- How did you deal with chemo?
Timelines by patients who’ve finished treatments
Start by choosing the stories here organized by cancer origin:
Featured Patient Stories
On Getting Diagnosed
“It’s a cancer diagnosis but it doesn’t take up enough space that it takes away who you are as a person.”
On Being Kind to Yourself
“I’d say, ‘You’re not going to get anything done today. That’s okay.’”
On Accepting Support
“You need to not be afraid to lean on the people that love you.”
Let’s get social
NOTE: Information on the site is not medical advice. It’s shared by our cancer community members.