Get a sense of what to expect from patients and caregivers who’ve been through cancer treatment.
FAQs curated by cancer survivors
- How did you get diagnosed?
- How did you choose hospitals?
- How did you choose your treatment?
- Describe each cycle of chemotherapy
- What was Week One of chemo like?
- How did the rest of each cycle go?
- How did you deal with chemo?
Timelines by patients who’ve finished treatments
- What will my next year look like?
- What side effects will have?
- Will I lose my hair?
- Can I work during treatment?
- What should I be asking the doctor?
- How do I support my partner through treatment?
- How do we pay for this?
- What’s the best way to prepare for hair loss?
- Can we get pregnant after chemotherapy?
- How can I ask others for support?
Featured Patient Stories
On Getting Diagnosed
“It’s a cancer diagnosis but it doesn’t take up enough space that it takes away who you are as a person.”
On Being Kind to Yourself
“I’d say, ‘You’re not going to get anything done today. That’s okay.’”
On Accepting Support
“You need to not be afraid to lean on the people that love you.”
Let’s get social
NOTE: Information on the site is not medical advice. It’s shared by our cancer community members.